People like me will never get the full effect that other people did. People like me will go on living our lives like nothing happened. People like me are not wrong to do this. Its just people like me won’t cry.
That morning of September 11th, I went to school like I alwayz do, nothing different. When I head that New York was being bombed, which was a rumor of course, I just didn’t know what to think. Some people in our class were beginning to cry, unlike me. I’m not saying at that time I was brave, I just didn’t really care. When our class found out that a plane crash some bawled their eyes out. I don’t know what went on in their life or head, maybe they know some one who worked at one of the towers. While some people were crying some were trying to comfort. Me, I was sitting. Sitting like I hadn’t even known any thing. As the rest of the day went on, to me it seemed normal. I didn’t pay attention to any one at that time. I just went to my classes. We weren’t allowed to watch our normal TV news entitled “Channel One”. So I pretty much sat there bored. Ill never get the true effect that September 11th had on some and most people. The so-called “tragedy” wasn’t really a tragedy. It made our nation stronger. We should be happy, I’m not saying September 11th was good, I’m just saying not as many people died:
*** The Buildings ***
* The World Trade Center – The twin towers of the World Trade Center were places of employment for some 50,000 people. With the missing list of just over 5,000 people, that means 90% of the people targeted survived the attack. A 90% on a test is an ‘A’.
* The Pentagon – Some 23,000 people were the target of a third plane aimed at the Pentagon. The latest count shows that only 123 lost their lives. That is an amazing 99.5% survival rate. in addition, the plane seems to have come in too low, too early to affect a large portion of the building. On top of that, the section that was hit was the first of five sections to undergo renovations that would help protect the Pentagon from terrorist attacks. It had recently completed straightening and blast proofing, saving untold lives. This attack was sad, but a statistical failure.
*** The Planes ***
* American Airlines Flight 77 This Boeing 757 that was flown into the outside of the Pentagon could have carried up to 289 people, yet only 64 were aboard. Luckily 78% of the seats were empty.
* American Airlines Flight 11 This Boeing 767 could have had up to 351 people board, but only carried 92. Thankfully 74% of the seats were unfilled.
* United Airlines Flight 175 Another Boeing 767 that could have sat 351 people only had 65 people on board. Fortunately it was 81% empty.
* United Airlines Flight 93 This Boeing 757 was one of the most uplifting stories yet. The smallest flight to be hijacked with only 45 people aboard out of a possible 289 had 84% of its capacity unused. Yet these people stood up to the attackers and thwarted a fourth attempted destruction of a national landmark, saving untold numbers of lives in the process.
*** In Summary ***
Out of potentially 74,280 Americans directly targeted by these inept cowards, 93% survived or avoided the attacks. That’s a higher survival rate than heart attacks, breast cancer, kidney transplants and liver transplants – all common, survivable illnesses.
The Hijacked planes were mostly empty, the Pentagon was hit at its strongest point, the overwhelming majority of people in the World Trade Center buildings escaped, and a handful of passengers gave the ultimate sacrifice to save even more lives.
Pass this information on to those in fear and the media.
Don’t fear these terrorists.
The odds are against them.
Yes that was a lot of reading but here’s just one more thing to make you laugh:
Osama Bin Laden, your time is short;
We’d rather you die, than come to court.
Why are you hiding if it was in God’s name?
You’re just a punk with a turban; a pathetic shame.
I have a question, about your theory and laws;
“How come you never die for the cause?”
Is it because you’re a coward who counts on others?
Well here in America, we stand by our brothers.
As is usual, you failed in your mission;
If you expected pure chaos, you can keep on wishin’
Americans are focused now stronger than ever;
Your death has become our next endeavor.
What you tried to kill, doesn’t live in our walls;
It’s not in buildings or shopping malls.
If all of our structures came crashing down;
It would still be there, safe and sound.
Because pride and courage can’t be destroyed;
even if the towers leave a deep void.
We’ll band together and fill the holes
We’ll bury our dead and bless their souls.
But then our energy will focus on you;
and you’ll feel the wrath of the Red, White and Blue.
So slither and hide like a snake in the grass;
Because America’s coming to kick your ass!!!
I did not write the poem or the long thing above, some one else did and I’m not taking credit. I did however write the rest of this.